Ask Zac Episode 34 - 5 Tips For Better Solos
April 17, 2020
In this episode, I spell out some philosophies and techniques that have helped my soloing improve.
1. Getting a Looper Pedal (I use an MXR Clone Looper)
2. Singing a solo over the changes
3. Finding Rhythmic and Melodic Motifs
4. Limiting Myself - Play like a hero, or with a different sound
5. Become a guitar tinkerer. Make what I steal my own.
Gear used in Video:
2019 Danocaster Blackguard (1953 Telecaster Style) with Ron Ellis 52T (Bridge) and Julian Lage (Neck)
D'Addario NYXL 10,12,16, 24, 34, 44.
Pick:Blue Chip TPR 35 RB
1965 Deluxe Reverb amp with Celestion V30 speaker
Mirage compressor pedal
Boss TR-2 Tremolo
Line 6 Echo Park delay
9v power via Truetone CS6