How To Best String Your Vintage Telecaster - Ask Zac 110
April 17, 2020
In this episode, I walk through the process I use for stringing, stretching, and tuning on a vintage-style Telecaster. These methods are geared towards Telecasters with split-shaft tuners and 3-saddle bridges. These methods were learned from gurus like Joe Glaser, Dan Erlewine, and Lindy Fralin, and during my time as Brad Paisley's guitar tech.
I cover the following:
1. Importance of winding as little string as possible on the tuner shafts.
2. How to lock unwound strings in place on vintage split-shaft tuners.
3. How to fix a saddle with a burr, causing the "sitar' effect.
4. Why you should be conservative with nut lubricant.
5. How to stretch the strings to promote tuning stability.
Amazon affiliate link for D'Addario NYXL 10-46 strings